Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My daughter is a 1099 employee and her supervised is not…

Customer Question
My daughter is a...

My daughter is a 1099 employee and her supervised is not paying her there is up to 12000. In unpaid wages

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Yes and many other employees have brought it up plus checks are shorted also

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Contracted work. Data entry work. You get paid so much for so many forms.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is many women that are single and have children

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

She can file a Wage Complaint here with Us Dept. of Labor to get paid and employer fined.The DOL here does job audits for this kind of situation.

File here

https://www.dol.gov/whd/howtofilecomplaint.htm

She can also sue in small claims as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thanks. There are many people involved so this is what they do.

Yes better if they all file here, they will com audit employer and get them paid.Sorry they had this happened.

Ray, Employment lawyer