Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was on workers comp for 6 months.i got doctors note saying…

Customer Question
I was on workers...

I was on workers comp for 6 months.i got doctors note saying i can go back to work with no restrictions.well my problem is i called my work gaylord hospital to go back. they never called me back i earned pto time and sick time. am i eligible for that or not.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do have a workers comp lawyer involved.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Under CT law, if they have never notified you that you were terminated, then they have to bring you back to work. Even though your employment was only protected by law for 12 weeks, if the employer has not notified you they terminated you, then you can presume you are still employed and if the doctor has released you without restriction and the employer is not calling you back, then this can be considered a "constructive termination" and you would need to contact HR first and if they fail to respond, you can contact unemployment and file a claim for unemployment benefits based on the employer not calling you back to put you back to work, that typically forces the employer to act.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.