Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

SPOUSE OF LIVING VETERAN WITH WHOM I WAS MARRIED TO FOR 28…

Customer Question
I AM FORMER SPOUSE...

I AM FORMER SPOUSE OF LIVING VETERAN WITH WHOM I WAS MARRIED TO FOR 28 YRS. I AM ALSO WIDOW OD A SECOND HUSBAND OF 37 YRS WHO DIED 12/13/14.where do i get forms info etc to input claim papers?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Legal document - legal document states 42 1/2 percent of his retirement goes to me . Of course, I never collected any as long as second husband was living.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
1/8/2018
Employment Lawyer: attyadvisor, Attorney replied 1 month ago
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. https://www.va.gov/opa/persona/dependent_survivor.asp

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions. If you can tell me where you are located I can provide a link for FREE consultations in your area that can personally assist you.

You are most welcome.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

attyadvisor
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney