Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Last week Monday we had off due to the New Years. We were…

Customer Question
Last week Monday we...

Last week Monday we had off due to the New Years. We were scheduled to work the rest of the week some also on sat (1/6/18) we know any extra time over 40 hr would be straight time(include holiday). Thursday 1-4-18 management closed the office due to weather. They only gave us enough time to make 40 hours.If you worked sat 6 hr you only got 2 hr of weather pay..

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Waterbury ct

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also the people who didn't work sat got the 8 hrs so I feel like I should of stayed home.!!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
1/8/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome. I am trying to understand your facts but they are a little unclear to me. Are you paid on a salary basis? What is your legal question precisely? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

we work 40 hrs hourly Just wanted to know if they can take from the overtime and put towards snow day hours??

Thank you. I'm still not quite sure what you mean by "take from the overtime and put toward snow day hours." Can you elaborate on this?

I guess they can do it. I'm sorry to waste your time

I'm trying to help you, I just need a better understanding of the facts.

If you would like to discontinue this discussion, I can certainly refer you to customer service for a refund. It's completely up to you.

please