Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have filed a complaint with EEOC under Age discrimination…

Customer Question
I have filed a complaint...
I have filed a complaint with EEOC under Age discrimination and harassment. Had to resign from job at State agency 2 weeks after receiving PIP due to continuous harassment for more than a year, have worked there more than 7 years, was given worst evaluation in 7 years after working with new technology Appian for 3 months then PIP soon after it. Also missed doctors quarterly appointment for blood pressure evaluation due to the 1 day weekly remote day taken away since 04/2017 went without regular BP medication for 3 months. Have emails and signed docs as proof, the HR doesn't help much and the retaliation gets worst when going to them. Was also blocked from being considered for an opportunity in the IT Dept, never got interview even though position was open for 6 months. Feels like constructive discharge when learning more about it, can I file for unemployment based on it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Yes, you can file for benefits. You did not volunarily resign and were not let go for cause. It amounts to constructive termination due to the conduct of the employer and you can file for benefits, and also pursue a claim via the eeoc.

Infolawyer, Lawyer