Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Being harassed by creditors, asking for payment on reload it…

Customer Question
Being harassed by creditors...

Being harassed by creditors, asking for payment on reload it card. Threatening job termination.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don’t know if they are real, I have had 3 in the last month.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Employment Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 6 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning Do you recall taking this loan? Are they saying that they will get you fired?

Their actions are illegal. They can not threaten to get you fired from your current job nor is this loan even relevant to your employment. They are trying to pressure you to get you to pay. You have a legal obligation to do so but if you can not, they will have to sue and go after you. You do have rights and can sue if this continues

http://protectingconsumerrights.com/debt-collection-problems/fair-debt-collection-practices-act/states/florida/

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!