How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 20731
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been discriminated against for a job promotion

This answer was rated:

Hi I have been discriminated against for a job promotion because of my disability.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time federal employees
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My employer is fully aware of my disability that I have bi polar disorder despite the fact I was held back from being promoted

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

If you can show that the basis for your being held back for promotion was your disability, and there is no legitimate basis for denying you the demotion, then you should file a complaint with the EEOC in your state.

The EEOC is a government agency that specializes in investigating discrimination claims. You can't be punished for filing the complaint and doing so is free. You don't need an attorney to file the complaint. You just need to be able to explain to the intake person what you want them to consider.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks ill see how my case goes forward

It is not a fast process, so be prepared for the long haul.

Allen M., Esq. and 6 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your reply. It meant a lot for me. I did have the EEO dept looking into my discrimination claim and they have started the process already.Thank you again. God Bless You

Good luck going forward. Glad to hear they are working on your issue.

Take care.