Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

When salary is based on 40 hr wk + call, shall employee get…

Customer Question
When salary is based...

When salary is based on 40 hr wk + call, shall employee get paid for call hours?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Discussed with supervisor, who is no response to $ compensation or "comp time". She stated this is what we "signed up for', yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Hostile work environment that is psychologically abusive and neglectful.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
1/7/2018
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John, Employment Lawyer

A salaried employee would not be paid anything additional for on-call time. A salaried employee is paid the same amount each week regardless of how many hours worked that week. The salaried employee could theoretically be required to work all day/night without additional pay.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

This on call activity prevents me from the RN position I was hired to do, doesn't involve RN job description and is emotionally suffering I think contitutes abuse and neglect

What is the difference between the job duties that occur on call versus RN?

And what percentage of the time are you on call versus RN?