Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a question regarding the work place air quality

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question regarding the work place air quality environment.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida they are removing and replacing carpet and painting walls, the smell is toxic at best they say there is not a health issue , yet people are getting sick they dont care . There are about 140 people in this offcie having to breath is the toxic air

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Florida is an at will state

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think thats it thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
1/6/2018
Employment Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If you are concerned about the air quality in your office, then you should file a safety and health complaint with your local OSHA office so they can investigate the quality of the air on your behalf. You can file a complaint by following the instructions at the following website: https://www.osha.gov/workers/file_complaint.html

Additionally for those who are actually getting sick and may have long term effects from the air quality, they could potentially sue the employer for damages; however, that is going to be a very difficult case since the long-term effects, if any, are probably not going to be known for a long time.