Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I need an attorney to represent me in a harassment case that…

Customer Question
I need an attorney...

I need an attorney to represent me in a sexual harassment case that was followed by retaliation, and age discrimination. This is against a large nationally known corporation. I have tried for almost 4 years to find someone willing to represent me. They either don't "do" that type of work, don't have "time", or just never call me back again, if they bothered at all.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

That is another problem. I was afraid for my job in one state TN, so I transferred to SC, which is where apparently news travels fast, so the age discrimination and retaliation happened here.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have worked for this company for 15 years. I have endured years and years of sexual harassment with this company and because I was not aware of the federal guidelines, I only called our ethics hotline (which was supposed to be confidential) and told the human resources manager.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
1/6/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com

Tina, Lawyer