Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My current employer does not offer short term disability.

How can i apply for...
My current employer does not offer short term disability. How can i apply for short term disability
1/6/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Unfortunately, if your employer does not offer short term disability insurance and you do not have your own short term disability policy, I am afraid there is nowhere for you to apply for short term disability, as the state of Texas, unlike CA or RI, does not have state run short term disability insurance you can collect from.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are there employers that offer short term disability
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my apologies are there 3rd party providers for short term disability

Thank you for your reply.

Sure, there are companies like AFLAC who offer short term disability insurance. You need to just contact a local insurance company and ask them about a short term disability policy.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney