Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am owed 1500 from a home improvement company for back end…

Customer Question
I am owed 1500 from...
I am owed 1500 from a home improvement company for back end commissions.. jobs have been installed already.. I no longer work there but the managers and receptionists are not returning my calls.. am I owed triple damages?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
1/5/2018
Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty collecting; what state is this in regards ***** *****?

Massachusetts

Thanks; a few minutes please.

It is also the total of all jobs i sold
There is no more lingering out there..

Thanks; just a few minutes as I'm reviewing the code.

K

Thank you;

while the code does allow for treble damages case law has limited this; please see the code here which includes commission not just straight wages:

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXXI/Chapter149/Section148

Small claims is appropriate so long as the underlying cause (the unpaid wages, not counting treble damages) is less than $7,000:

https://www.mass.gov/service-details/massachusetts-law-about-wages

That above http also has links to other relevant information.

Littlefield v. Adcole Corporation has narrowed the statute's application and limits treble damages if the employer pays the claim in full prior to the filing of a wage dispute; essentially it only allows for treble damage on the interest that occurred during the delay period.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: