Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I work in one medical facility, and they did't pay me for…

Customer Question
I work in one...

I work in one medical facility, and they did't pay me for one week. What should i do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I just start to work on permanent position, and on the end of that mounts, i recognize that it is not safety environment. I resigned.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They undocument me one week, i kind of work without documented to the facility. Just come and start to work, and after 1 week i applied to work because somebody who was in charge of that was buzzy. They give a schedule on a paper,and when I resign I distroed that prove. They find me on camera on that week , actually like i came, and they told me i left. I repark my car and back to faciluity. Work 4days. They stated i did't work

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
1/5/2018
Employment Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The easiest thing for you to do is to file a complaint with the NJ Department of Labor. The Department has the authroity to investigate and order the company to pay you.

Also it cost you nothing to file the complaint. You can file the complaint here:

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/lsse/content/file_a_complaint.html

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good Morning Gerald,
You provided me with incorrect information as I am concerned
about missing compensation not the work safety. My paycheck from September was missing four days of payment and when I addressed the company I work for, they still refused to pay. I need more accurate information regarding my concern. If not, please provide a refund. Thank you.

i am sorry that you are unhappy with the information that I provided. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you.

Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

I see your prior contributor opted out.

It is correct that if an employer fails to pay an employee owed wages the employee may file a complaint with the state; that process is detailed here:

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/forms_pdfs/lsse/mw-394.pdf

That process is specifically for unpaid wages, not work safety issues.

Safety and health issues would be addressed here:

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/lsse/safetyhealth_index.html

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer