Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am an attorney and I have a very serious problem. I just…

Customer Question
Hi, I am an...

Hi, I am an attorney and I have a very serious problem. I just discovered that I missed the 90-day deadline to sue in federal court under Title VII. Is there any way I can persuade EEOC to issue a new right to sue letter? For unknown reason there are two letters with different dates (issued before I got the case) but the deadline for both is passed. It is a real problem because the defendant is the State of New York Department of Corrections and the 90-day deadline to file a notice of claim for an action in state court is long passed. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I am an attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

I am a lawyer I need advice from an experienced attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would really appreciate any help, I have made a very big mistake and I have to resolve it somehow. Most grateful for any help.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
1/6/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.As you probably know courts have discretion to extend in the interests of justice and law office failure. Alternatively if the right to sue was delayed in arriving that is further cause to extend.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!