Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My manager inadvertently emailed my salary info as well as 2…

Customer Question
My manager inadvertently emailed...

My manager inadvertently emailed my salary info as well as 2 of my coworkers to the whole office. Is there legal recourse? This is in Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a complaint with the compliance department and with HR.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
1/5/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

This is certainly very frustrating and I don't blame you for being upset. However, I must unfortunately tell you that there is no legally enforceable privacy right with regard to salary info, and so this mistake would not be legally actionable. I truly wish that I had better news but I trust you will appreciate and direct and honest answer to your question.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....