Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I recently applied for FMLA for 1 month at my workplace

Customer Question
I recently applied for...

I recently applied for FMLA for 1 month at my workplace stating the reason that I need to go back home to take care of my sister who is sick but was denied

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

I recently applied for FMLA for a month at my workplace stating the reason that I need to take care of my sister who really needed help but was denied why

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

No union but working full time for 16 yrs going 17 this year

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was given a second option file for personal leave which I doubt if I still have my job when I come back

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Good evening and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about this situation. What specifically is your question? Also, what reason did your employer give for "denying" your request for FMLA leave? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Tina, Lawyer