Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Another candidate and I interviewed for the Another

Customer Question
Another candidate and I...

Another candidate and I interviewed for the Another candidate and I interview for the same teaching position.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Another candidate and I interviewed for the same teaching position. The other candidate eas hire, however is not licensed. I am licensed and have 22 years of experience.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union, full-time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

What are my options. Because the other candidate is not certified, he cannot legally be hired by the school district. I’m looking at discrimination, as it would be more expensive to hire me than the other person.

I'm sorry to hear about that. Do you feel like they discriminated against you for a legally protected reason like your race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion, religious affiliation, disability, or nationality?

Tina, Lawyer