Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have an issue at my job and I feel discriminant I have…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have an issue at my job and I feel discriminant I have applied for several different jobs that I know I'm qualified for I feel as though because of my age my race and my gender I were not accept it

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Non-union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's been several different issues far as discrimination and I have consulted my HR about it and nothing has been done many issues when it comes down to black people and nothing's ever done about it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
1/4/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If you have gone to your HR and your issues have not been addressed, then you should force the issues by filing complaint of discrimination with either Illinois Department of Human Rights or with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. You do not need an Attorney to start your complaint. Both agencies have intake workers who can assist you in completing the claim forms.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law