Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was injured @ work. My compensation case is settled. My…

Customer Question
Hi, I was injured...

Hi, I was injured @ work. My compensation case is settled. My Labrum in my Lt shoulder was torn from 1- 930 appprox 75%. My rotator cuff was severely torn. For 3 months I was misdiagnosed by there compensation Doctors. I worked as a nurse in the same facility for 21 years. There compensation Dr., feels I’m left @ a light duty nurse. My shoulder is not able to do anything heavy. I did Nursing my whole life, I know nothing else. I feel their misdiagnosis, ruined my Nursing career. As a nurse, anything left untreated gets worse. Sincerely, ***** ********@******.***

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This happened in Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I have all the documentation from the doctors

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I won my compensation case hands down, because I had one of the worse compensation insurance doctors. My compensation lawyer, was very discouraged, when she found out who the Doctor was. But the injury was there, I had my grounds

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
1/2/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Under PA law, in order to prevail, a plaintiff must provide expert testimony that defendants deviated from the standard of care and that such deviation was the proximate cause of injury. See: Mitzelfelt v. Kamrin, 584 A.2d 888, 892 (Pa. 1990). This means you would need to have a doctor who is willing to testify that the misdiagnosis of the first doctor caused you to suffer additional injury that led to the permanent injury to your shoulder.

If you have such a doctor willing to testify, then you have grounds to file a medical malpractice case against the first doctor and seek damages.

Medical malpractice in PA has statute of limitations of 2 years from the date of the alleged negligent conduct.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney