Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

When I was I took money from a job. I want to return it

Customer Question
When I was young...

When I was young I took money from a job. I want to return it anonymously. I feel very upset about this but want to fix it. I think but am not even positive that it was 100 dollars to a bank. Any suggestions for making this right.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't believe so. It was very long ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/31/2017
Employment Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I think that if I wanted to make it right, I would take the $100, calculate a reasonable rate of interest for it for however many years it has been, maybe 3-4%, as that would probably be a decent average of what a savings account would pay, and then get close to that amount in cash and mail it anonymously to the business with a handwritten card stating that you made a mistake long ago and wanted to pay it back with interest..

.

For example, $100 over 20 years at 3% interest comes out to 182.08...

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer