Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If a Cannabis farm, a big one, is refusing to protect its…

Customer Question
If a Cannabis farm...

If a Cannabis farm, a big one, is refusing to protect its females from a hostile environment where female parts are often brought up in lewd conversation, daily, and the females do the HR reports, and even HR and the offending managers refuse to fix the situation, ( long breath here).....can the cannabis farm be reported to the feds for violating these laws????The females I know are then watched like hawks, shuffled around at random at the greenhouse, demeaned and called " unprofessional," and intimidated by the rather large males in charge. Also, the managers smoke pot and seem to discriminate against employees of both genders who don't smoke pot. The labor manager guy, who acts like me an evil warden, shuffles people around for " attitude adjustments" when they complain about cussing, lewd language, physical intimidation, verbal abuse, etc. The place is not professional at all, and HR sides with the offending managers up here in northern AZ. The employees are " encouraged" not to say anything detrimental about management or their favorites, or they can be fired on the spot.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona, Snowflake....

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We are in Navajo county, snowflake, AZ

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Reports are filed with the one HR guy, and he takes the side of the offending parties, not those who tell him of the violations. One is considered" unprofessional" or negative for reporting in first place. I just resigned because I got sick of the lack of honor their, and drug free workplace rules were not enforced.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Ok

You can file with EEOC claiming sex discrimination and hostile work environment.You may also want to consider a local lawyer to sue for this as well.

File with EEOC here

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

ex discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because of that person's sex.

Discrimination against an individual because of gender identity, including transgender status, or because of sexual orientation is discrimination because of sex in violation of Title VII. For more information about LGBT-related sexdiscrimination claims, for more information see http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/wysk/enforcement_protections_lgbt_workers.cfm.

Sex Discrimination & Work Situations

The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.

Sex Discrimination Harassment

It is unlawful to harass a person because of that person's sex. Harassment can include "sexual harassment" or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature. Harassment does nothave to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person's sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.

Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.

Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it resultsin an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer.

Sorry you are having to deal this you have remedies under the law.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight and prayers to you.

Employment lawyer to sue here

ontact Information:

Maricopa County Lawyer Referral Service
Phoenix, AZ
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####/p>

Pima County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Tucson, AZ
Phone:(###) ###-####**@******.***

Thank you Ray. God bless.

You are so welcome Happy New Year thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.

Ray, Employment lawyer