Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

In workers compensation claim, what is 5% whole person

Customer Question
impairment worth...
In workers compensation claim, what is 5% whole person impairment worth
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Case is in Colorado
12/31/2017
Employment Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

The insurance company will calculate your whole person impairment benefit by multiplying your impairment rating by your age factor and then by 400 weeks. You will receive two-thirds your average weekly wage for the resulting number of weeks. However, you will receive no less than $150 per week and no more than $521 per week (as of July 1, 2017).

For example, suppose you injured your back—resulting in a 20% permanent impairment. At the time of MMI, you were 25 years old. You will receive 136 weeks of benefits (0.2 (impairment rating) x 1.7 (age factor) x 400 = 136 weeks).

Your particular age factor can be found at the following link: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Desk_Aid_5_Age_Factor_Chart.pdf