Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My immediate supervisor pre-approved comp time prior to

Customer Question
My immediate supervisor pre-approved...

My immediate supervisor pre-approved comp time prior to performance of tasks for employees involved in a project. Now, he has informed me that I should have given flex time. He is stating that I will be the one to answer to the HR and that the responsibility lies with me cause I had signed comp time request. He said that if he had a choice between the employer vs. me, he has to protect the employer...

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

He sent me an email (i work under him and the third person in the chain of command) and he cc'd their lawyer...But, he did not inform the employer. I responded to his email cause he was asking for an explanation..Upon my completion of the explanation, I cc'd the lawyer and the employer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will and hourly...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am being demoted from my responsibilities due to him PROTECTING ME AND THE INTEREST OF THE COMPANY

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. What can I answer for you?