Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can I have my doctors and nurses arrested be arrested for…

Customer Question
Can I have my...

Can I have my doctors and nurses arrested be arrested for assault and battery for medical mistakes they made before scheduled surgery or while injured on the operating table in Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I was injured back ob 5 October 2015, they pitched my tail bone while I was sitting on the operating table, the operating table had no padding and the doctors injured my tail bone. Here it is 28 month later and no investigation was ever done and I have been suffering 24/7.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was told the only recourse I have I sue my phila attorney for breach of contract because the attorney did no investigation into the case and after 17 month he dropped the case. cannot get another attorney to sue anyone and need your help. I have proved my injury be getting two EMG tests and one test shows abnormal results.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

As a general rule, medical mistakes fall within the area of negligence, not criminal law.

Crimes require criminal intent. So, if the medical professional did something with the intent to commit a battery then they could absolutely be charged.

Otherwise, your claim is one of negligence and you can sue for malpractice.

Tina, Lawyer