Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I filed a discrimination/ retaliation claim; race; age claim…

Customer Question
I filed a discrimination/...

I filed a discrimination/ retaliation claim; race; age claim against my former employer with the NY State Division Of Human Rights. i received the respondents answers to my complaint.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this discrimination issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Im in the process of writing a rebuttal; however I'm seeking a little direction on the simplest way to format that. My deadline is 1/2/2018 to have it in.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i don't belong to a union

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
12/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

I'm not totally sure I understand what you mean by "format" your rebuttal. Can you clarify what specifically it is that you would like to know? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need advice on how to write my rebuttal to respondents; my former employer. answers. the NY State Division Of Human Rights.
Employment Lawyer: attyadvisor, Attorney replied 1 month ago
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney

I am a different Attorney and the site asked me to see if I could assist you. Can you attach what you have written so far as your rebuttal.

As a general rule it is best to have an Attorney. Depending on where this is occurring there are legal and Pro Bono Attorneys that can and will work work with. I can provide a link for those resources as well. Please attach your rebuttal. Thank you.

Are you online with me?

I would be happy to assist if you can attach the documents.

attyadvisor
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney