Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was wrongfully terminated on Dec. 1. Told me i was being…

Customer Question
I was wrongfully terminated...

I was wrongfully terminated on Dec. 1. Told me i was being fired for being to hard on employees as operations manager. I wsd told entire work force wss going to quit if i wasnt fired . Employer told work force services thst i wss fired for stealing labor. Thry are ordered to show proof. They threatened the jobs of othets if they didnt write letters gor them to back up the lie.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Utah

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time management

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John, Employment Lawyer

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I understand your issue here, did you have any specific question regarding this or would you just like to know what you should consider doing to counter the employer's dishonesty.

I would like to know how to respond to the false accusations. I also have employees that will testify on my behalf. And how do I stop them from blockink my unemployment.
Thx Ray

First you need to gather any evidence of the reason they gave you for your termination (i.e., that everyone else would quit if they didn't fire you) - and if the only evidence you have is your testimony that's fine because these things aren't usually distilled in writing, but, if they did, you need to offer that as evidence. If you have others that will testify that the employer has pressured employees to say you engaged in labor theft, you'll need to offer that as well. Lastly, you need to offer evidence that you didn't engage in wage theft. Essentially you need to tell workforce forces your side of the story...and the more evidence you have to back that side of the story up the better off you are.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation - simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

John, Employment Lawyer