Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

We are talking to a attorney and would like to know how much…

Customer Question
We are talking to...

We are talking to a attorney and would like to know how much normally for 15x for invasion of privacy along with causing PTSD long term ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Filed no we are working on it but has it been reported yes and my employer did not do anything and I have been paying the price since

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I’m just curious? I work for a hospital and my manager has got in my medical chart 15x and after I turned her in I have been treated badly since including the worse evaluation this year and I been there almost 15 years I ended up at the stress unit and dx with PTSD due to the actions at work

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They also denied my FMLA even tho I was in the hospital 4 days and been out of work for 2 month due to extreme anxiety attacks
12/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. There is no "normally" when it comes to potential damages for invasion of privacy or a violation of FMLA. The settlements and awards, if it went to trial, are all over the board and depend entirely on the specific set of circumstances, including proof of any damages, the location of the controversy and the specific judge and jury involved in the case. You should definitely ask your attorney what they would guess might be the potential settlement or award if you go forward with this case based on all of the issues I mentioned.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer