Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I had a wrongful demotion. I got an attorney, my court

Customer Question
I had a wrongful...

I had a wrongful demotion. I got an attorney, my court hearing is set for 9/2018. We are now in the mediation process. My employer has offered a severance package contingent on my agreement to separate. I declined. I am currently employed; my case is still open. I no longer have my attorney. Do you know if my employer can make me responsible for any future court fees If I were to dismiss the case and continue to work for the employer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union and full time.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Normally you would have an agreement that is global. It would conclude all claims and sides exchange releases. No claim for costs or otherwise can be pursued once settled this way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.