Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Does a employer have to disclose to an employee if he is not…

Customer Question
Does a employer have...

Does a employer have to disclose to an employee if he is not paying unemployment taxes

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Employee worked for many years, not under the impression that unemployment insurance was not being paid. Now there is a layoff, no fault of the employee .. and no insurance was paid. Something about he has fewer than 4 employee's and he doesn't have to.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
12/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry to hear about that. In Arizona, most employers are required by law to pay unemployment taxes. You only need one employee and only have to pay them $1,500 per year to be required to pay. If unemployment insurance isn't paid, the employer may be liable for fines or restitution with the sate. Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer