Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was recently terminated. The reason fiven was related to…

Customer Question
I was recently terminated...

I was recently terminated. The reason fiven was related to performance of letters we had to wriite having to all be redone. I had made complaints and discussed with other employees recently and since I was hired due to the person training me creating a hostile work environment and how I witnessed her treating other people. During the rest of my time working here I could never it seemed so anything right. My work was highly scrutinized. Others said they were getting a lot of work back also but I was terminated and

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I had made complaints to the other project manager the lady who assisted with HR actually called me and emailed me twice regarding my concerns and said I hadn’t been the only one who had made these type of complaints and I also stated to the other project managaer that this feels like harassment. I had to go to my physician and get additional medication. I told the HR person that the anxiety this was causing me was interfering with my ability to learn my job. After this conversation I didn’t see any behavior change for the better from this person. When the HR assisting lady called me again and asked it this improved I told her very little if any. I feel like this paved the path for my termination. I asked to have someone else train me but that wasn’t Anna option. I never received a write up. I didn’t receive and evaluation at 90 days and I’m a little over 90 days now and terminated. I also discussed with another project manager and another employee who does the same job. Last week I was told we didn’t have enough work for all of us so I asked for PTO amd that was granted the CEO was supposed to send me a project to start on but it never came. Then I spoke to the project manager yesterday after I was terminated over the phone and she said the other employee who has told me that she is still getting work back for errors also and who called me just last weekdiayreased over the other project manager treating her so badly and talking down to her because of a mistake she made but yet they assigned this employee to review my work and according to the other project manager the employee got behind on her assigmlment due to completing my work errors and that was one of the deciding factors on my termination. The employee told them she was behind because she had to fix my errors. However she was never very fast and I usually completed me

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I entered the wrong email address how do I correct it. It should be***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Upon hire it wasn’t made clear even who my direct supervisor was and when the CEO called tonterminate me I mentioned that and she defended it saying she made that very clear when she hired me and as I remember I never talked to her during the hiring process the HR assisting lady hired me and I asked her who my supervisor was probably a week in to the job and she didn’t know and had to ask sooo the CEO let me know that I made the complaint to the other project office and how I should’ve came to her and let me know she didn’t like it
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what your specific question is? That is, you have given me a lot of background information on your situation, but you have not asked an actual question. I want to make sure that I answer the specific question that you have, so can you please let me know what that is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could this be wrongful termination ?

Do you feel that you might have been targeted based upon your race, age, religion, gender, or disability, or in retaliation for doing any protected activity (FMLA leave, filing an EEOC case, etc...) ?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?

Hello?

Tina, Lawyer