Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My company through HR just suspended me on an accusation of…

Customer Question
My name is Brett...

My name is Brett. My company through HR just suspended me on an accusation of sexual harassment. My employer doesn't know what or who made the accusation. He was only contacted by a lawyer and said they were going to sue my employer. Without knowing any other details. I was suspended. Is there anything I can do since my employer doesn't have any answers but HR told him to have me suspended?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oh, I'm sorry. Colorado.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No one seems to know. My employer was contacted by an attorney and said had asked if I worked there. Wanted my NRA instructors number and was looking at a sexual harassment lawsuit. The is the only information that my employer gave me. Then I was suspended through HR.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's the only information I have right now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post. Are you asking if there is anything you can do about your suspension? If so, are you in a union or do you otherwise have a term contract? Or, are you an "at will" employee?