Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I received a letter from Stanley that I had to close my

Customer Question
I received a letter...

I received a letter from Morgan Stanley that I had to close my account by December 31st with no reason why. I called and asked why and they told me that's our policy , if you don't like it deal with it however you want. I feel discriminated , anything I can do ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They send me a letter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

As far as I knew there were no issues

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
12/27/2017
Employment Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Roger, Lawyer
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I’ll be glad to assist.If you can prove you are being mistreated because of your race, sex, age, disability or religion, then you could sue for discrimination. Otherwise, there is likely no recourse unless your contract with the company provides you an avenue to pursue.....which is unlikely given their stance.
You should be able to request a written statement of their decision, but if there is no discrimination, that may be the only action you can take.
Roger, Lawyer