Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a Contractor and an Allergist did evaluation on me and…

Customer Question
I am a Contractor and...
I am a Contractor and an Allergist did evaluation on me and believes that my work environment has exposed me to allergens that are contributing to me being ill. If I quit this job, can I apply for unemployment? I notified employer of my concerns and Allergist sent them a letter. If employer terminates me can I file for unemployment? I have taken meds and gotten better at home but nervous to return to work environment where symptoms began.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/27/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
It would be a constructive termination based on having no choice but to depart due to dangerous conditions. You can also pursue a claim against employer through counsel. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Infolawyer, Lawyer