Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was terminated by my office as I did not have

Customer Question
I was terminated by...

I was terminated by my office as I did not have documentation for std sent in on time. My doctors office told me they sent it in so I filled a complaint against Sedgwick. Later after being terminated I learned that the doctors office staff actually lied about sending in the documentation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I have with my HR office and they stated that I only need a letter stating that they made a mistake but the doctors office is making it increasingly difficult to complete an appointment

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will for Apple computers

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That I have recently had my disability denied for the same long term issue that Sedgwick usually approves.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/26/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

So, if I understand your situation correctly, the doctor's office didn't send in your paperwork to your employer within a reasonable time and they were terminated.