Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Their attorney is asking to agree to arbitration instead of…

Customer Question
Their attorney is asking to...
Their attorney is asking to agree to arbitration instead of trial
By jury and says that i signed and agreed to arbitration while employed by At&T. Since i was terminated and I don’t recall signing anything, can I reject their request to an arbitrator?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/26/2017
Employment Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

You can reject it and demand to see proof of what you signed. If you did sign this, they could exercise it and go to arbitration instead of going to court and having a jury trial. They could also agree to this if they wanted to give up their right but if this was part of the contract they can hold you to it and go to arbitration to resolve this.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney