Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I want to file a wage discrimination claim. I make $2.00…

Customer Question
I want to file...

I want to file a wage discrimination claim. I make $2.00 less per hour than a coworker who does the same job.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

MN

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time, there is another co-worker who is interested in filing a claim also. The 3 of us do the same job

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We need help but don't know who to contact.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/26/2017
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. Can you tell me what the basis would be for your discrimination complaint? In other words, are you being paid less because of your race, national origin, sex, age (over 40), disability, pregnancy, religion, military service, or why specifically? Did you start the jobs at the exact same time, with the same experience and educational background? Are you in a union and have you filed a complaint with your HR/EO Department?

We've talked to our supervisor and HR about the issues more than once. No change.

Alright, well I still need answers to all of my questions in order to assist you. Please read my entire post and provide that information. Thanks