Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was an uber drive up until 10 minutes ago by my own choice…

Customer Question
Hello yes, I was...

Hello yes, I was an uber drive up until 10 minutes ago by my own choice I quit. the reason why is because I might have been tricked into transporting minors. It's hard to tell sometimes specially if you're picking people up in adult places or if they look like adults

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm in kansas in the city of Lawrence, KS what issues will I encounter I have to mind you I've been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I tend to overworry about things and even have suicidal thinking and so this is very important for me to know the truth so I have piece of mind and don'tdo something stupid

Lawyer's Assistant: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?

To myself

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No no I'm not considering I will NOT commit suicide but that's what GAD entails just the thinking

Lawyer's Assistant: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?

No, not yet that's why I'm contacting you so, nothing has been filed that I know

Lawyer's Assistant: Okay. Let's try this again. How can I help you?

Ok what could happen to me if I was tricked into transporting minors

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ok

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/25/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I have asked the same question twice. They are charging me 36 plus 47 dollars, help me cancel the second one. Please quick.

Hello, it appears you are having problems with the site and billing.

Any billing issue must be directed to customer service. I am a site user just like you and I do not handle billing issue.

Oh, okay, let me see if I can close the other post now so that you would not be charged twice.

Thanks!

I am sorry to read about this situation.

You need to contact Uber and let the company know what happened.

If someone tricked you into transporting minors, that would not be your fault. You can only be held liable for something. that you know about. However, in order to protect yourself, you need to tell Uber exactly what happened.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays!

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I've told them about one situation but I don't know how many for sure, there might have been more none obvious one that I'm not sure on the list which ones they were... what should I do if I don't know which ride was something I'm not even sure about?
should I tell uber to check all of them? and so I'm in the clear and not responsible I won't be in trouble for this? I've quit uber over this...seriously..
that applies to all of Kansas, I'm in Lawrence, KS by the way..
uber would not even comment on, but I let them know..

Response: Nothing. You should not worry about it. You have done your best.

Response: You should not have quit over something that you are not responsible for.

Yes, you should ask Uber to check them all out. Also, try to get your job back. You should not quit because of this. Just be very careful next time since you now know that you can be tricked into transporting minors and if you have any suspicion, report to Uber and do not make the transport.

and that applies to all of Kansas, I'm in Lawrence, KS by the way..

Response: Yes.