Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

You have an employee that wants to go back to school, in…

Customer Question
You have an employee that...
You have an employee that wants to go back to school, in their current role as an Account Coordinator of a food distribution center, how does English, math and ethics improve or maintain the skills in that current role? the AC role is mainly analytics to the Account Executive. Is there a more effective way the employee can gain the requires education? (is training, seminars, etc..
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
12/25/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 1 month ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Overall you have to decide here if you want them to have a degree with does involve some non relevant requirements or whether seminars, etc are a better fit for you.Overall an employee personally benefits from having a degree, and it may be at some point that they have a different job with you and that has a different education and skill set.But the employer decides if they want to pay for college and how much .I can understand that its not directly related here as far as some courses but overall your employee will have a better educational level and the idea is you have employees with a better overall education and skill set.

It is normal for employer to seek a two year or more agreement that employee stays with you in return for you paying their college.It assures you that you get a real return on your investment.If they leave early then they repay you.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Happy Holidays.

Ray, Employment lawyer