Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I worked for a major company I'm a 53 years old female I was…

Customer Question
I worked for a...

I worked for a major company I'm a 53 years old female I was verbal and sexual harassed by my 3 supervisor and a coworker my supervisor used obscene statement to me when I complain I was chastise by his supervisor. my coworker changes down to his short my I complaint was ignored I reported the incident to EEO I was told my case is not a EEO prohibit offense

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this harassment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Had a meeting with 3 managers they become a part of the harassment no lawyer as yet i`m trying to obtain one

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I belong to a union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I base on the abuse I have been out of work for more three month and diagnose with PTSD

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/24/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Your best remedy here is to file with EEOC and claim harassment and discrimination and sue here using local employment lawyer.You may have great facts here despite what you were told.

File here

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

Plug in your city and get employment lawyer to sue the employer

https://www.avvo.com/employment-labor-lawyer.html

A hostile work environment is really just a specific form of harassment. The EEOC defines harassment as:

unwelcome conduct that is based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Harassment becomes unlawful where 1) enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, or 2) the conduct is severe or pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive.

Essentially, harassment occurs when a person suffers consistent and unwanted, and objectively offensive, conduct at work as a result of their membership in a protected class.

Elements of a hostile work environment claim

To establish a claim of hostile environment harassment, a complainant (employee) must prove all of the following elements:

1. They belong to a statutorily protected class;
  2. They were subjected to harassment in the form of unwelcome verbal or physical conduct involving that protected class;
  3. The harassment complained of was based on his or her statutorily protected class;
  4. The harassment affected a term or condition of employment and/or had the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with the work environment and/or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment; and
  5. There is a basis for imputing liability to the employer (it is fair to find the employer liable, they were on notice of the conduct and did nothing, etc.)

I am so sorry they have done this to you.I hope you will consider a suit and complaint here with EEOC as this appears to be a hostile environment situation.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Jay if you can send me your email or fax number I can send you a copy of my statement for EEOC and their response
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 6 months ago

If you give me an email be happy to email you offline.