Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was recently resigned from a my previous job, put in a 2…

Customer Question
I was recently resigned...

I was recently resigned from a my previous job, put in a 2 weeks notice, but was called in to the office the day I gave my letter to the GM. 30mins late they have a meeting with me, and tell me they are just firing me. Upon me leaving, they had agreed to pay out my sick and my incentives for the month of November along with the hours I worked. Upon payday, they mailed my check, which only was the amount for the hours that I worked.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time, was there for a year and half.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I short of think they are retaliating, because previous employees who had left or fired did receive their payouts accordingly

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/23/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

I believe I have found what I am looking for, thank you for you assistance

Thank you for the update.

I will go ahead and close your post.

Happy Holidays!