Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Who can I contact if a prison inmate is being personally…

Customer Question
Who can I contact...

Who can I contact if a prison inmate is being personally attacked by an officer as retaliation for writing him up for not properly doing his job?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is in New Jersey and it isn't about employment. It is inmate abuse.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Something was filed, by the inmate, and the officer found out and is trying to make his life miserable. He told him he was just getting started.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I just want to know what it is that can be done. The

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/23/2017
Employment Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. When you say personally attacked do you mean that the guard has physically attacked the inmate?