Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I would like to know what exactly is a reasonable settlement…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know what exactly is a reasonable settlement agreement? IS it the damages I can prove that makes it reasonable?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Yes I have. The head of general counsel for my agency asked me to submit a reasonable offer for them to consider.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It was fulltime. I had to take a disability retirement due to the work environment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is an EEO complaint that I have filed against my former agency.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

I would suggest a years salary plus any legal fees or out of pocket medical you have here.Most of these case settle out with between 6 months to a year salary.Ask for a year here, see what they respond.If they say 6 months counter with 9 at least.This seems more than reasonable given your problems and the fact there is EEOC pending.

I wanted to give you a range see what they say to a year here and any other costs you have.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again and prayers to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I wish you a Happy Holidays as well.