Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My question concerns oasha regulation and whether being

Customer Question
My question concerns oasha...

My question concerns oasha regulation and whether being forced to live in an active construction site for a month and being exposed to harmful chemicals, fumes, and vapors with out proper equipment is grounds for legal action.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm based out of north carolina and i'm employed here by Oracle. i travel as a consultant.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None, i addressed with my employer, and was given no remedy and directed to continue for the duration of the project under those conditions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We also were subjected to 12 to 16 hour days with no days off for more than 2 months in harsh working conditions with no days off. i have since sought psychiatric help due to the internse stress that i was placed under during the project. i am currently on sick leave recovering.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
Employment Lawyer: attyadvisor, Attorney replied 5 months ago
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. Which State does your question pertain to?

I am currently employed in North Carolina as a consultant for Oracle, and travel for business to numerous international locations.

Thank you. Have you contacted the State and Federal consumer protection agencies?

For example at the State level http://deq.nc.gov/

or at the Federal level http://www.osha.gov/workers/file_complaint.html

You can and should file a whistleblower complaint and ask for protection at http://www.whistleblowers.gov/

Do yo have any additional questions for me?

Employment Lawyer: attyadvisor, Attorney replied 4 months ago

Employer violating OSHA https://www.osha.gov/workers/

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

attyadvisor
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney