Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I got a call from a debt collector who started to threaten…

Customer Question
I got a call...

I got a call from a debt collector who started to threaten me with being sued and garnishing my wages. I wanted to offer her to pay off my debt in full next month but she was very harsh and hard to work with so I hung up the phone. I want to pay my debt but she if very difficult to work with. What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am not sure I have not filed anything I just go a call about an hour ago from her

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I really do not want to get sued and i will have the money to pay the debt in full in about 3 weeks so not quite a full month so that is it. I just wanted to know what my best option was

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

The debt collector would like to avoid a lawsuit, too, because lawsuits cost them a lot of time and money. I would call them back and simply explain that you will pay off the debt in full in three weeks, and explain that you will sign something in writing and send it over to that effect. That is a very short timeframe for payment and should be acceptable to resolve this matter.

I hope this helps. If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Are you online with me?

Are you there?