Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am going through a case from a company that I previously…

Customer Question
I am going through...

I am going through a case from a company that I previously owned. I got behind on the 941 taxes and am I the process of taking a plea deal that will result in a felony. I just received notice from the State Board of Nursing that my license is in jeopardy. Will I be eligible for unemployment benefits if I have a felony?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this unemployment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Not yet this information from the State Board just arrived.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does this cost?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

If you are asking whether convicted felons can collect unemployment benefits. Yes, they can if otherwise qualified. By that, I mean that a felony conviction, in and of itself, will not prevent an applicant from applying and receiving unemployment benefits.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.