Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work as a nurse at a facility with my husband who is a…

Customer Question
Hi, I work...

Hi, I work as a nurse at a facility with my husband who is a technician. Today I was told that there is a legal issue with us being assigned in a procedure room together. I don't really understand this, can you please explain?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

The director of the facility is the one who approached me about this. She tried explaining the reason to me, but it didn't make any logical sense. She said she had spoken with a HR representative regarding this issue & stated that they agree there can be a conflict of interest. My husband & I are highly ethical people who put our patient first and we enjoy the occasional opportunity to work with one another. We have never heard anyone complain or question our working together.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
That is very strange. At this point my suggestion would be to submit a question to your HR representative via email or in writing to find out exactly what rule or ethical regulation they are talking about.