Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My employer in California did not pay me for my several pay…

Customer Question
My employer in California...

My employer in California did not pay me for my several pay periods I worked. He hasa manufactured false pay stubs and a W4. What can i do about this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No there isnt HR with this resturaunt.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to get my wages owed to me and let IRS know that he has illegally tuirned in a W4 for me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

File a wage complaint here

https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageClaim.htm

Report the fraud here

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf

I am so sorry that you have had this happen.I wish you the best here.I appreciate the chance to help.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.