Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If you are off or fired how does your x employer have to pay…

Customer Question
If you are laid...

If you are laid off or fired how long does your x employer have to pay you all money owed to you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New hampshire

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Generally, under N. H. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 275:44, an employer must issue a final paycheck to a terminated employee within seventy-two (72) hours. However, if an employer lays off an employee, he or she need not issue a final paycheck until the next regularly scheduled pay date. Likewise, pursuant to N. H. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 275:44, an employee who quits his or her job is entitled to receive his or her final paycheck on the next regularly scheduled pay date, or within seventy-two (72) hours, if the employee gives at least one (1) pay period’s notice.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Lawyer