Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Is this a conflict of interest? If your supervisor

Customer Question
Is this a conflict...

Is this a conflict of interest? If your supervisor represents you as a union shop steward?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My direct supervisor is in ma position of management in which she con trolls both tiers of the organization or operations thus not fairly representing the interest of the lower tier - staff and myself.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time union member

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's most of it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
12/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley

unless there is language in the collective bargaining agreement in my opinion there is not a conflict of interest if your

stewart is also your supervisor

you could always go above to your business manager and talk to them about your concerns

we have a problem in our dept. regarding trust, office politics, micro management etc. the workplace is not healthy & this individual seems to be the source of our problems.
no thanks
thank you for the advice
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 8 months ago

you may need to go to the union directly on this

I wish you luck