Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My boss interviewed two co-worker and tell them I have been…

Customer Question
My boss interviewed two...

My boss interviewed two co-worker and tell them I have been blackmail and employee to get him to work my holidays and that I had received bribery from the same employee to do his work. He was trying to make the Two employee to agree with him and file criminal complaint. So, the two employees talked to me a let me know what was going on. I had my union representative to talked with the two co-worker and they told the union representative that my boss was trying them to agree with him. So, can I use the two co-worker statements to file a complaint of retaliation with HR, EEOC and law suit my boss.? I am in Seattle, WA. Also all this agretion against me started in August after I filed 2 grievance against my boss and 4 retaliation complaint with HR so far

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a WA lawyer about this?

Nipe

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

About this one I only talked with the union rep. And asked him get a statement from my co-worker

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
I thought you advertising 30 min or less for an answer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Sorry I don’t want a phone call, I pressed for mistake
12/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

You absolutely have a claim for retaliation if your boss falsely accusing you of crimes after you filed a grievance against him. That can be made with HR, and you have grounds for a lawsuit. The EEOC typically only gets involved in retaliation claims if the retaliation arises out of illegal discrimination against marginalized one or more employees.

However, telling people you've committed crimes is defamation of character. That's an intentional tort which carries punitive damages, and you could sue the boss personally for that, on top of the other claims. Defamation is any untrue statement of fact that tends to harm a person's reputation. Accusing you of blackmail and accepting bribes fits within this category. There's also a tort called "intentional interference with employment." That also carries punitive damages, and since he is unlawfully trying to get you fired, you can include a claim for that.

Talk to your union rep to see what assistance they provide. That's the starting point.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply WITHOUT RATING so I may address them. My goal is to provide you with excellent customer service. Otherwise, please rate my answer positively so I get credit for assisting you today. Mobile users may have to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this answer?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer